Over the next 15 days I will be posting easy spiritfull self-care techniques, plant full recipes, holistic practices and more! Each post is meant to be added each day to create a healthy, holistic & mindful lifestyle that promotes joyful wellbeing!
Health Challenge #6: Eat a plant full breakfast; focus on chewing!!!
Breakfast when broken down is Break-Fast… After a night of rest and not eating we wake in the morning to break the fast. Its the first meal of the day and should be packed full of good nutrients, protein and healthy fats to boost your brain function and keep your blood sugar balanced. Here is a great recipe for a Plant Full Protein packed Breakfast!! Digestion begins when we smell the delicious aromas of our food but also it starts in the mouth with our saliva. Chewing our food between 10-20 chews per bite is optimal for healthy digestion. This recipe won’t call for much chewing but try to sit back, relax and enjoy this amazing breakfast slowly. Try chewing as many times as you can before you swallow and see how your belly feels after.
High Protein Vanilla Cinnamon Chia Pudding
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa (soaked and sprouted over night before cooking)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon and cardamom
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- Add all ingredients to a jar and stir together. Tighten lid and place chia pudding in the fridge to set, about 2 hours or overnight!
- Remove and top with fresh fruit and nuts ♥ Enjoy!